Servings: 6-8 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes
spray cooking coconut oil
1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 6 cups)
2 red, sweet apples, cored and cut into pieces (about 4 cups)
1 small onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
4 c vegetable stock
1 cup (small can) coconut milk
1/4 c fresh squeezed ginger juice
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 400
- Spread apples and squash onto a cookie sheet. Spray with coconut cooking spray. Season salt and pepper.
- Roast squash and apples for 20-30 minutes, until tender and browned.
- Saute onion and celery until tender. Add vegetable broth and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Once the squash and apples are roasted, add them to the pot. Add ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Blend all the ingredients with an immersion blender or a blender.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed. (I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top, just for fun.