Servings: 4 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
4 small acorn squash
1/2 c quinoa
1 package mushrooms
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c almonds, chopped
1 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut the top and the bottoms off the acorn squash. cut in half. Remove the seeds in the middle.
- Bake the squash for 25 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to the directions. Once it is cooked add mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, almonds, thyme and garlic.
- Fill squash and return to the oven. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!