Not to long ago I had a love affair with diet Pepsi. Now? My favorite drink is water. That’s right water… agua… simple H2O.
There is nothing better than a glass of cool water… well, maybe a cool glass of filtered water.
Today my husband is installing a water filter he gave me for my anniversary. The old water filter has not been working for a few months. I still drank water, but there were times when it I would have to choke it down because tap water is not my favorite. I am excited to have filtered water later today!
Water revives and rejuvenates. Maybe it’s because our bodies are mostly water.
“Water is of major importance to all living things; in some organisms, up to 90% of their body weight comes from water. Up to 60% of the human body is water, the brain is composed of 70% water, and the lungs are nearly 90% water. Lean muscle tissue contains about 75% water by weight, as is the brain; body fat contains 10% water and bone has 22% water. About 83% of our blood is water, which helps digest our food, transport waste, and control body temperature. Each day humans must replace 2.4 litres of water, some through drinking and the rest taken by the body from the foods eaten.”
I love to keep a cup and a straw full of water near me at all times. I find I drink much more if I can drink through a straw. Not sure why.
I have several reasons for drinking as much water as I do.
- Drinking water feeds my cells. Water makes up about 70% of our cells and is essential for them to function properly. Water feeds our cells and fuels them to do their work within our bodies.
- Water flushes out toxins. Seriously. We need to clean out our systems. Can you imagine never cleaning a fish tank and replacing the water with fresh water? The last time I ignored my fish tank the fish died. I can’t imagine doing that to my body cells! Proper hydration helps to filter out our kidneys and liver and rids our bodies of excess bad stuff floating around in our bloodstream.
- Drinking water helps my skin look good. Want less wrinkles, less acne, less skin issues? Drink water! Skin is the largest organ and works as a barrier to the conditions of the outside world. Water makes this hard working organ so much happier!
- Speaking of happier. Drinking water makes me happier. I know there have been some scientific studies on how drinking water makes a person happy, I just know that I am happier. The more water I drink the better my mood, Tension, depression and confusion are less when I drink water. Maybe it’s because my brain isn’t foggy with all the extra toxins floating around.
- My brain thrives on drinking water. The brain depends on proper hydration to function.
- I have noticed that drinking water assists in my quest for a healthy weight. I hear that drinking water boosts the metabolism. Drinking water makes you feel full and lessens my chance for overeating or drinking other unhealthy beverages.
So drink up! Cheers!
You may also like