1/2 medium onion, chopped
3 c mushroom slices
3 gloves garlic, minced
2 c diced tomatoes (I used my home canned tomatoes)
1 Tbs Italian Seasoning
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
fresh basil (I chopped about 4-5 leaves as small as I can)
a pinch of black pepper
1 batch of homemade gnocci
2-3 c fresh spinach
- Make gnocci (see recipe here).
- Sautee onion and mushrooms until the onions are translucent. Add garlic and sautee for 2 more minutes.
- Pour in tomatoes and seasonings. Cook down until it looks a bit like sauce… about 20 minutes.
- Once sauce is complete, add gnocci.
- If wanted, add spinach and cooks until it wilts, then add gnocci.