8 servings Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
2 c dried pinto beans, rinsed
4 c vegetable broth
4 c water
t tsp oregano
1 tsp ground cummin
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Saute onions, garlic, and jalapeno pepper.
- Add sauted vegetables, pinto beans, veggie broth, water and seasonings to your instant pot. Secure the lid, set the seal, and use MANUAL mode for 30 minutes.
- Allow the pot to vent after 30 minutes
- Drain and reserve the liquid. Add beans to a blender. Mash them until they become creamy… add reserved liquid, 1 Tbs at a time, until they beans become creamy in the blender.
- Season to taste, if needed. Enjoy in Nachos or just with chips.