Sometimes I crave cabbage. This dish is a nice twist! It is full of flavor! It is easy to prep, leave in the refrigerator and dump later in the week.
2 c sliced carrots
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 large tomato, diced
1 pound of potatoes, diced
1 bell pepper, chopped
8 c cabbage, chopped
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute onions in a dutch oven (I use water rather than oil, but you could use oil if that is what you like).
- Add carrots, potatoes and tomatoes.
- Stir in all of the spices and simmer for 5 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally to avid burning.
- pour in 1 c water and simmer 10-15 minutes more or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add cabbage and bell pepper. Cook for 5 more minutes
- Serve warm.