I have not been successful at making a decent veggie “burger” until now. These were yummy and easy.
1 c frozen corn
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 package brown rice and quinoa
1 onion, chopped
1 16oz can chopped greenchilies
2 c cooked black beans
1/3 c panko breadcrumbs
1 t garlic
1/2 c prepared mango salsa
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss together corn, onion, bell peppers and a pinch of Himalayan pink salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Cook brown rice and quinoa according to package direction, then, cool.
- Puree 1 c black beans in a food processor. Scramble the egg.
- Place beans, pureed beans, rice mixture, corn mixture, panko and egg in a bowl. Mix well. Form mixture into into patties.
- Cook patties until browned. I used a non-stick pan, but you could cook them in a little bit of olive oil.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and covered in a mango salsa.