1 bag of cranberries
3/4 c pineapple juice
1 c sugar free applesauce
juice and zest from 1 orange
1/2 c dried fruit
1 puff pastry
- Mix cranberries, pineapple juice, applesauce and 2 Tsp of water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat and simmer until the cranberries start to explode (about 15 minutes).
- Add orange juice and orange zest and simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Add dried fruit and simmer for 5-10 more minutes.
- Cool and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Serve now as a cranberry sauce…
- Or spoon sauce into the center of a puff pastry dough. Seal the edges. Brush with “egg” wash. Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned. (I did a pour job sealing my edges. The Cranberry tart is on the left).
- Cool pastry… cut and serve!