This is a family favorite. However, since I have given up eating animal products, I needed to modify it for my new lifestyle. I made this salad for our New Year’s Eve traditional meal. Only I left the chicken on the side and made a baked tofu on the side for me. Everyone was able to assemble the “salad” they wanted to eat!
3-4 c chopped Chinese cabbage
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
1/2 c peanuts
3 Tsp sunflower seeds
1 pkg Ramen noodles
1 pkg extra firm tofu
1 bottle prepared Chinese Salad Dressing or
1/2 c coconut oil
4 Tbs rice vinegar
2 Tbs honey
2 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- If you are making your own dressing, combine the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Slice tofu into bite size pieces and place on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture. When the tofu is dry, place the tofu on a pan and brown over a medium heat or in the oven at 350.
- Smash Ramen noodles and slightly brown them in a pan.
- Combine cabbage, green onions, peanuts, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Pour your choice of dressing over the veggies. Toss. Add browned Ramen.
- Serve. Add tofu as you like. Have have baked chicken pieces on the side for my family to eat with the salad.