Servings: 4 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
4 c vegetable broth
1 15 oz can white beans, drained
2 c thinly sliced cabbage
- Saute carrots, celery, onions and garlic about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and seasonings and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove 2 c of the bean mixture and puree in a blender until it is smooth. Then, return it to the pot.
- Add cabbage and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve and enjoy.